The Ashbel Smith Building, also known as Old Red, is a Romanesque Revival building located in Galveston, Texas. It was built in 1891 with red brick and sandstone. Nicholas J. Clayton was the architect. It was the first University of Texas Medical Branch building. In 1949, the building named for Ashbel Smith, a Republic of Texas diplomat and one of the founders of the University of Texas System. The building was registered as a Texas Historical Landmark in 1969 and renovated in 1985.
Click ‘Choose a Product’ above to get this image handprinted on a ceramic 4x4 custom coaster, cutting board, magnet, ceramic trivet, ornament, dog tag or canvas.